Respect our animals and our grounds.
While visiting the Zoo, imagine you are a guest in someone's home. Here are some guidelines to remember:
- Don't tease, taunt or bother our animals in any way. Remember, they are still wild and are sensitive to loud noises, shouting or any other distractions. Please immediately report any inappropriate actions to our Zoo keepers or other personnel.
- Do not feed the animals. They have special diets and 'people' food will upset their digestive systems.
- No pets are allowed on the Zoo grounds. Certified guide/service dogs are accepted.
- No smoking on the Zoo grounds or in any of the buildings.
- Radios, roller blades, bicycles, skateboards, scooters and balloons are NOT permitted anywhere in the Zoo.
- Weapons are PROHIBITED on Zoo grounds.
- Be careful. For your own protection, always stay on the pathways and off the rocks, fences and railings.
- Dress appropriately. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Photography is allowed but be sure to stay behind the barriers and in public spaces when taking pictures. If you'd like to share some of your photos with the Zoo, please send us an e-mail or contact us at 302-571-7747. Brandywine Zoo reserves the right to take random photos of visitors for use in Zoo marketing and promotional activities, without compensation or direct permission.
- Food and beverages are permitted. Visitors may purchase snacks at our Snack Bar or bring a bag lunch to enjoy in our attractive picnic area.