Can't come to the Zoo? No worries, we can bring the Zoo to you!
Our unique Traveling Zoo visits schools and other institutions with programs that educate and entertain. Let the Brandywine Zoo Traveling Zoo come to your facility with outreach programs that focus on hands-on, minds-on learning. Traveling Zoo Programs include:
- Live animal presentations
- BioFacts (animal artifacts)
- Interactive activities
- Reading a story
- And more!
Join our Mailing List
Would you like to receive updates about school programs, including new scholarships, events for schools, or lessons? Then click the button to join our mailing list!
Zoo School Program Guide
What program should I book for my group?
A field trip to the Zoo for a standards-based program? Have the Traveling Zoo come to you? Looking for something less structured?
Check out our Zoo School brochure for more detailed information and fees for all our programs or use the table below to help you guide your decision! This guide features Zoo Classes, tours, and outreach (Traveling Zoo).
To register for a program:
- Step 1: Complete Registration Form or a Group Visit Registration Form
- Step 2: Program registrations can be faxed (302-577-7480), mailed (Education Department of the Brandywine Zoo, 1001 N. Park Drive, Wilmington, DE 19802), or emailed (Education@BrandywineZoo.org) to the Education Department.
- Step 3: Someone from the Education Department will check program and staff availability and get back to you within two weeks of your registration. If you do not hear back after this time, please email us.
- Step 4: You will receive a contract with your program date (based on availability) within two weeks of your program registration submission. Please call the Education Department (302-571-7850 *209) if you have not received a confirmation.
- Step 5: Discovery Tours & Group Visits - Submit your 50% deposit for your program to the Brandywine Zoo at the above address with a copy of your contract. Note that Discovery Tour and Group Visit reservations are not considered complete until we receive your 50% deposit for your program. Traveling Zoo - payment is due in advance of your program. *Note that a 15 person or $100 minimum is required for all on-site Discovery Tours, and a 15 person, $50 minimum for Group Visits.*
- Visit our Teacher Resources or our Program Planning pages
- Email us at Education@BrandywineZoo.org
- Call the Education Department at 302-571-7850 *209
Please include in your message:
- Your Email Address
- Date and Times
- Program Choice
- Group size, including number of classes, number of students and adults, and age/grade of students.
- Contact information, including email address
- Please advise us of students with special needs when you register.
- Questions about outreach programs or scheduling a zoo visit to your site? Please visit the Zoo Schools page.
The Brandywine Zoo provides WILD Scholarships for Zoo School education programs, including Traveling Zoo and Zoo Classes.
Find out more or apply today.
Design Your Own Program
Don't see a program that suites your needs? Please call the Zoo's Education Department at 302-571-7850 ext. 209 and let us help you design your own program.
Participation in our ADOPT* program gives students the opportunity to learn more about wildlife while creating a personal bond with the Brandywine Zoo and its inhabitants.
It's fun, educational and rewarding. By making a class donation of $100 or more, your students will support our education and conservation goals both here at the Brandywine Zoo, as well as around the globe.
Find out more today.
Where can I find out more information?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to find out more about booking programs and what information you may need to provide the Zoo for your visit.
Still have questions? Contact us at Education@BrandywineZoo.org.