Can't come to the Zoo? No worries, we can bring the Zoo-to-you!
Our unique Traveling Zoo can visit your school or other institutions throughout the year with programs that educate and entertain. Let the Brandywine Zoo Traveling Zoo come to your facility with outreach programs that focus on hands-on, minds-on learning. Traveling Zoo Programs include:
- Live animal presentations
- BioFacts (animal artifacts)
- Interactive activities
- Reading a story
- And more!
Join our Mailing List
Would you like to receive updates about school programs, including new scholarships, events for schools, or lessons? Then click here to join our mailing list!
EdZOOcation Program Guide
Download our EdZOOcation program guide for teachers to find out more about our school programs. This guide features tours, Traveling Zoos and student workshops.
Summer Outreach Programs
Interested in a summer program? Click here to see what our summer outreach programs are! To register for a summer Traveling Zoo, download a summer program registration form.
To register for a program:
Questions? Call Matt Halterman, Outreach Program Manager at 302-571-7850 ext. 209 or email to schedule a Traveling Zoo program. Please include in your message:
- Step 1: Download and Complete Registration Form (at right)
- Step 2: Program registrations can be faxed (302-577-7480), mailed (Education Department of the Brandywine Zoo, 1001 N. Park Drive, Wilmington, DE 19802), or emailed (DNREC_Parks_ZooPrograms@state.de.us) to the Education Department.
- Step 3: You will receive a contract with your program date (based on availability) within two weeks of your program registration submission. Please call the Education Department (302-571-7850* 209) if you have not received a confirmation.
- Step 4: Discovery Tours - Submit your 50% deposit for your tour to the Brandywine Zoo at the above address with a copy of your contract. Note that Discovery Tour reservations are not considered complete until we receive your 50% deposit for your program. Full payment is required two weeks prior to the date of the program Traveling Zoo - full payment is due two weeks prior to the date of your program.
- Step 5: Someone from the Education Department will get back to you within two weeks of your registration. If you do not hear back after this time, please email us.
- Date and Times
- Program Choice
- Group size, including number of classes, number of students and
adults, and age/grade of students.
- Contact information, including email address
- Please advise us of students with special needs when you register.
Questions about outreach programs or scheduling a zoo visit to your site? Please visit the Discovery Tours page.
Design Your Own Program
Don't see a program that suites your needs? Please call the Zoo's Education Department at 302-571-7850 ext. 209 and let us help you design your own program.
Where can I find out more information?
Contact Matt Halterman, our Outreach Program Manager, with questions or to book a program at 302-571-7850 ext. 209 or email Matt.Halterman@state.de.us.