Can't come to the Zoo? No worries, we can bring the Zoo to you!
Our unique Traveling Zoo visits schools and other institutions with programs that educate and entertain. Let the Brandywine Zoo Traveling Zoo come to your facility with outreach programs that focus on hands-on, minds-on learning. Traveling Zoo Programs include:
- Live animal presentations
- BioFacts (animal artifacts)
- Interactive activities
- Reading a story
- And more!
Join our Mailing List
Would you like to receive updates about school programs, including new scholarships, events for schools, or lessons? Then click the button to join our mailing list!
Zoo School Program Guide
What program should I book for my group?
A field trip to the Zoo for a standards-based program? Have the Traveling Zoo come to you? Looking for something less structured?
Check out our Zoo School brochure for more detailed information and fees for all our programs or use the table below to help you guide your decision! This guide features Zoo Classes, tours, and outreach (Traveling Zoo).
To register for a program:
- Step 1: Complete Registration Form and fax, email or mail in. Telephone registrations are not accepted.
- Step 2: Someone from the Education Department will check program and staff availability and get back to you within two weeks of your registration. If you do not hear back after this time, please email us.
- Step 3: You will receive a contract with your program date (based on availability) within two weeks of your program registration submission. Please email the Education Department (Education@BrandywineZoo.org) to if you have not received a confirmation.
- Step 4: Submit your payment in advance of your Traveling Zoo program date. Programs are not considered booked until they are paid in full.
- Visit our Teacher Resources or our Program Planning pages
- Email us at Education@BrandywineZoo.org
- Call the Education Department at 302-571-7850 *207
Please include in your message:
- Your Email Address
- Date and Times
- Program Choice
- Group size, including number of classes, number of students and adults, and age/grade of students.
- Contact information, including email address
- Please advise us of students with special needs when you register.
- Questions about outreach programs or scheduling a zoo visit to your site? Please visit the Zoo Schools page.
The Brandywine Zoo provides WILD Scholarships for Zoo School education programs, including Traveling Zoo and Zoo Classes.
Find out more or apply today.
Design Your Own Program
Don't see a program that suites your needs? Please call the Zoo's Education Department at 302-571-7850 ext. 207 and let us help you design your own program.
Participation in our ADOPT* program gives students the opportunity to learn more about wildlife while creating a personal bond with the Brandywine Zoo and its inhabitants.
By making a class donation of $100 or more, your students will support our education and conservation goals both here at the Brandywine Zoo, as well as around the globe. It's fun, educational and rewarding.
Find out more today.